Since the latest edition of Practical Packet Analysis has been released, so many people have been sending me pictures of their copies. It’s been so amazing that I’ve decided to make a contest of it and reward those of you who bought the book and are so enthusiastic about it!
About a month ago I shared that I am developing an online packet analysis course with the same name as the book. This course officially opens in June and is packed with over 40 hours of packet analysis videos and plenty of hands-on labs and packet captures for you to play around with. You can learn more about this course here: http://chrissanders.org/training/#ppa.
This is your opportunity to win a FREE seat in the course. But, it’s only if you’ve already purchased the book. I want you to take a picture of the book and send it to me at email@example.com with the subject “PPA Photo Contest”. Now, it’s not quite that simple. I’m going to pick the winner based on who sends me the most creative picture. That can mean taking the book to an exotic locale, a simple action shot of you using the book to dissect some packets, or even a picture of the book with your dog. The sky is the limit, just don’t do anything illegal or dangerous 🙂
The official rules:
- Your submission must be received by midnight EST on May 10th. If you were thinking about buying the book, this gives you a chance to purchase and receive it and still take your photo.
- Entries must be submitted directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PPA Photo Contest”
- You must have purchased a legal copy of PPA 3rd edition
- You must consent to allow me to share your picture on social media and my blog. I won’t share them all, but I will share some of my favorites.
- I will pick one overall winner who will receive a free seat in the PPA online course. If you are already registered for this course, you can exchange that license for a seat in my Investigation Theory course.
- I will pick a few “honorable mention” winners who will receive discount codes for any of my courses of your choosing, or free seats in my information security writing course.
So, what if you bought an electronic copy of the book? You can still enter! Just take your picture showing the book in your e-reader application or on your tablet. However, when you submit your entry please include a receipt showing your purchase. That can be a screenshot of your amazon order page or the e-mail receipt from No Starch Press.
That’s it! The contest begins NOW and ends at midnight May 10th. I’m looking forward to seeing how creative you can be!