Get hands-on experience capturing, dissecting, and making sense of packets.
- 5 techniques for capturing packets in any scenario and how to know which one is appropriate
- A tutorial on using packet maps to navigate protocols along with color-coded printable maps for all the most common protocols you’ll encounter.
- Learn all of Wireshark’s analysis features including how to create graphs, traverse protocol hierarchy charts, and generate stats that are simple AND useful.
- My tips for customizing your analysis environment by using features like Wireshark profiles, custom columns, and individual packet color coding.
- Techniques for extracting complete files from network communication via multiple protocols — even custom malware command and control.
- How to use tshark and tcpdump to perform packet analysis on the command line.
- How to approach and dissect these protocols: IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, and ICMP.
- Learn what normal looks like so you can spot abnormal when you encounter it.